MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Talk of Ivan Perisic joining Manchester United has died down following the improved performances of Anthony Martial.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic must only return to action for Manchester United “when he is fully fit”, according to his surgeon, Dr. Freddie Fu.
- Juventus confirmed they saw a bid rejected for Liverpool’s Emre Can in the summer, but the Serie A champions have ended their pursuit for the German.
- Everton’s summer signing Michael Keane insists the players must shoulder some responsibility for the poor start to their season.
- Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez praised the returning Jonjo Shelvey for his display against former club Liverpool on Sunday.
- Birmingham City are considering a £2m bid in January for Jonny Williams, with the Crystal Palace player currently on loan at Sunderland.
- Ross McCormack admits his time at Aston Villa has been a “disaster” as he looks to start a loan spell in Australia for Melbourne City.
EXPRESS & STAR
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis has backed striker Salomon Rondon to return to form following his goalscoring exploits on the weekend.
- Mark Hughes is confident Stoke striker Saido Berahino will break his goalscoring duck after missing a penalty against Southampton on the weekend.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Virgil van Dijk has been recalled to the Netherlands’ national side despite playing 90 minutes just once in the past eight months for Southampton.
HULL DAILY MAIL
- Hull City boss Leonid Slutsky wants his side to stay on an attacking front after their 6-1 mauling of Birmingham City on the weekend.
- Jeff Hendrick says Burnley are starting to lose their long-ball tag following an impressive win at Everton.
- Leicester duo Riyad Mahrez and Islam Slimani have been dropped from Algeria’s squad for the game against Cameroon as the nation can no longer qualify for the World Cup and want to field a younger side.
- Craig Shakespeare insists Jamie Vardy’s commitment to both Leicester and England should never be questioned.
- Swansea’s squad fear the Liberty Stadium fans will begin to turn on them if their poor home form continues.
GET WEST LONDON
- Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic wants to arrange a match during the international break to test the fitness of players who have barely featured for the first team.
- Curtis Davies says Joe Ledley has brought “Premier League quality” to Derby since joining as a free agent.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Phil Parkinson insists he will remain as Bolton manager despite the club’s worst start to a campaign in 115 years – they currently sit bottom of the Sky Bet Championship.